What is lash lift/tint?
A lash lift is a chemical process that is used to change the structure and texture of the lashes. Depending on the size of the shield used, the lashes can be lifted more or less dramatically. A lash lift is essentially a modern version of a lash perm without the perming rods.
Am I a good candidate for lash lift/tint?
Eyelash Lift & Tint MAY NOT be suitable for clients that:
- Pregnant. If you have an appointment and found out that you are pregnant, please contact me right away and we can reschedule
- Have very little natural eyelashes or have nothing. The gaps between your lashes will be more noticeable
- Have pre-existing eyes (lid) conditions such as chronic dry eye, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, and ocular rosacea
- Lasik surgery (wait a minimum of 6 months from your procedure)
- Have Trichotillomania (compulsive pulling or twisting hair, eyebrows and eyelashes)
- Have very sensitive eyes or possible allergies to the adhesive (recommended to book an appointment for a patch test)
- Who are rough with their lashes
- Undergoing chemo treatments or have had chemo treatments within the past year (recommend to consult with your physician)
- Are sensitive or have allergies to dyes (recommended to book an appointment for a patch test)
- Had blepharoplasty surgery (must wait a minimum of 1 year after your surgery)
Will the lash lift damage my natural lashes?
No. Properly trained and skilled professionals ensure proper lash lift procedures are followed.
How long will the lash lift appointment take?
About 1 hour depends on how long and coarse the eyelashes are and if your lashes will be tinted.
How long does lash lift/tint last?
A lash lift and tint can last anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks. Results may vary from client to client depending on their lash growth cycle. There are some situations that may cause the lift to drop/weaken prematurely such as swimming, use off harsh products or heat. If you find that your lift does not last the full 2 months, you can repeat the treatment after a minimum of 4 weeks of having the initial treatment, but not before.
How often should I get lash lift/tint?
A lash lift will begin to naturally drop after about 2 months and your lashes will be back to their natural look. The lashes should drop evenly and will not look out of place. You can repeat the treatment after a minimum of one month if you feel you need to, or you can wait until they are back to their natural state.
Can I wear my mascara after the procedure?
Yes, but it is advised that you leave your lashes untouched for at least 24 hours after your treatment. You may find that there is no need for mascara anyway, but if you wish to make your lashes even fuller, a non-waterproof mascara is advised as the removal of waterproof mascaras can be harsh on the lashes and weaken the lift.
Can I use an eyelash curler?
No. There will be no need for an eyelash curler as this treatment gives a much better result than using a curler, But more importantly, using one may weaken and damage your lashes.
How do I clean my eyes?
Gently, using mild products. Always wait 24 hours to do this, straight after the procedure.
Preparing for you lash lift/tint appointment:
Do not consume any caffeinated beverages before your appointment. Caffeine can cause your eyes to flutter during an appointment. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to update all necessary consultation forms and prepare for your appointment to begin on time. Please makeup sure to arrive without contacts, concealer, eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow etc.) on the day of your appointment. avoid curling your natural lashes with a lash curler for 24 hours prior to your appointment. Makeup removal will result in time being taken from lashing and a removal fee of $25 will be added to the service.
- USE A LASH SERUM. It’s recommended to use a lash serum to help your lashes grow longer and strong. This will help give you amazing looking lashes
- MOISTURIZE your lashes. It’s recommended to use an oil that is safe to use around the eye area and lashes to help moisturize your lashes
- DO NOT WET your lashes for 24 hours after the appointment
- DO NOT SLEEP with your face laid on the pillow. You must sleep on your back for 24 hours. Your lashes are prone to kinks within 24 hours after the procedure.
- DO NOT PULL your lashes. This can cause your natural lashes to fall out prematurely and cause both breakage and permanent damage to the hair follicle